Terms & Conditions
Work will not commence until payment has been received and cleared. All print jobs will require 100% payment up front. All design jobs will require 50% non-refundable booking fee, with outstanding 50% payable within 4 calendar weeks from start date or of completion of the job (which ever comes first).
Our payment methods:
BSB 112-879 Account# 432390081 Name Design Capital Australia
(Preferred. However, as payment does not clear immediately please advise us of your payment and please email a screen-shot of your payment to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alternatively, pay your bill in full online using Credit Card
Your deposit payment indicates acceptance of the total price and agreement to these conditions.
Prices are in AUD. Where indicated delivery is included to one point within Australia only. Print jobs must be paid for in full at the time of placing the order.
CHANGES AND REVISIONS
Sometimes clients require me to make some changes to the work I do for them. That’s fine. However, as this is a fixed-price agreement, I do have to limit the time I spend designing and “tweaking” This agreement therefore includes: Initial delivery of a complete designs. One subsequent round of changes, if required. This only applies up to the point where you sign off my work, publish it or begin using it on your live website. This bit’s important. Make sure you are completely happy with the work described in this document before you sign this agreement. The project details may not be changed once this agreement is in place and any edits or rework must take place within the scope of what’s described there. The reason for this is that changing the project details can create lots of extra work for me, particularly if I have already spent time on the project. This is not budgeted for in the cost I give you. If you need to change the assignment details at any time, just let me know and I will send over a revised estimate and invoice.
Unless otherwise specified illustrations are not part of the design service. If you specifically require illustrations please contact us for a more detailed quote.
When I have received full and final payment as described in this agreement, copyright of the work I produce is automatically assigned to you. You can then use the work however you wish.
However, until final payment is received, copyright of the work remains with me. I love to show off my work, so I reserve the right to display and link to your completed project as part of my on-line portfolio. (The link may help your Google ranking a bit, so there’s something in this for you too.)
I believe in doing everything I can to meet my deadlines, but I can only do this with your help. So I can’t be responsible for a missed deadline if you have been late with a down payment, slow to supply materials or not provided feedback to agreed timescales. I also can’t be responsible for deadlines missed due to circumstances completely beyond my control, like illness, family emergencies, floods, war, acts of god and so on.
CANCELING THIS CONTRACT
If you wish to cancel this agreement, you will be responsible for payment of the total cost of the project described under payments, above.
I will do my best to ensure all facts and statements in my work are true and that it doesn’t infringe upon any copyright or other right of a third party. However, I can’t be liable to you, or any third party, for damages, including lost profits, lost savings, complaints, claims, litigation or other incidental, consequential or special damages which arise regarding this assignment.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
You cannot transfer this contract to anyone else without my permission. This contract stays in place and need not be renewed.
Although the language is simple, the intentions are serious and this contract is a legal document under exclusive jurisdiction of Australian courts.
PRINTING AND PROOFING
- Printing prices are for ‘press ready’ files. If we have not designed the artwork we will not take any responsibility for files which are incorrectly setup. If the customer is supplying the artwork, please ensure the files are ‘press ready’. Contact us for information or for a small fee (indicated in quote) we can provide a checking service of your file and provide you with feedback and a PDF proof if your file is suitable (Not required for Design Capital designs).
- The optional checking service ensures that the electronic files supplied comply with the file specification requirements only. No responsibility is taken for incorrect spelling, inaccurate information or design and colour issues. Customers must understand that the printing process will result in colour variations between orders and exact colour matching cannot and will not be provided. Colour variations may occur from job to job and run to run.
- The customer acknowledges that every effort to guillotine supplied jobs exactly on the trim marks, however, variations when guillotining a job may and will occur from time to time, the customer agrees that variation in the trimming of a job is still acceptable. It is assumed that customers are fully aware of The impact of different finishing options on stock before orders are placed. No responsibility is taken for any cracking caused by folding of brochures or the like.
- No printing order may be varied or canceled by the customer after acceptance; unless agreed to by Design Capital on terms and conditions set by us.
- On average printing jobs will be delivered between 5-10 working days after your order has been approved, but these times are not guaranteed. Design Capital and it’s employees shall not be liable for late deliveries or non-deliveries and under no circumstances shall Design Capital be liable for any loss, or damage or consequential loss or damage, or delay suffered by the customer. We do not take responsibility for conditions which may delay delivery (IE traffic, forces of nature). It shall be the customers responsibility to insure the goods after dispatch. Design Capital shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered during transit of the goods to the customer. The customer will upon receipt, inspect the goods and notify Design Capital of any errors or shortages within two days after delivery, quoting delivery docket numbers and all other relevant details. It is highly recommended to use a business delivery address which is open between 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Some suppliers have this requirement. A fee may be incurred by the customer if delivery is unsuccessful and another delivery attempt is required or pickup from a local distribution Centre may be required. The customer acknowledges that the delivery address which they supply will be attended by a person able to take delivery of the goods between these times or accepts the risk of not providing such an address. We may not be able to leave instructions such as ‘leave at the door’.
- The customer is responsible for any trademark, service mark, copyright, patent and business name legal requirements including registration and approval. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that any materials supplied for printing do not breach relevant copyright legislation. Design Capital accepts no responsibility for any copyright issues. Prior to publication the client is responsible for arranging any necessary legal approvals of materials Design Capital prepare.