Learn the essentials of Adobe Illustrator
Are you a personal assistant, web designer, marketer or you just want to learn a new skill? Do you need to use Illustrator for work but haven’t learned how?
I’ve been using Adobe Illustrator every day since the 90s. Not only have I used it professionally for more than 20 years, I’m a qualified trainer and assessor and have taught Illustrator at CIT Solutions in Canberra as well as Graphic Design at a diploma level at CIT in Canberra.
Now I’m bringing it to the Gold Coast as two, three hour workshops that will take you through everything you need to know to get started using Illustrator (and a few things you didn’t know you could do with it).
We will cover:
- Setting preferences
- Raster and vector explained
- Creating a new document
- Control panel and workspace
- Setting up the document
- Tools panel
- Drawing basic shapes
- Corner effects
- Drawing tools 3 ways
- Colour explained
- Colouring shapes
- Create simple drawings
- Using symbols to create effects
- Using the pencil tool
- Drawing with brushes.
- Pathfinder pallet
- Auto trace artwork.
- Recolouring your artwork.
What you will receive:
- Small friendly classes
- Teachings from a professional Graphic Designer and qualified trainer.
- Easy to follow resource booklets to keep
- Ongoing support
- Free gift
The next workshop will be held on Wednesday 18th July and Wednesday 25th July
Two x 3 hour workshops from 6:00pm - 9:00pm
At the convienit location of 4/15 Motorway Circuit Ormeau
- Its just off the highway, easy access from Brisbane or the Gold Coast.
- Loads of parking.
- Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided.
you will need:
- Your own laptop computer, with Adobe illustrator CC installed (you can access a trial version via the Adobe website, it is only valid for 7 days so please don't activate it until just before the class.)
- A digital image of either a photo or a drawing you have that we can convert and clean up in Illustrator.
- A positive attitude.
Keen, but can’t make it? Subscribe to my newsletter and I’ll let you know when the next one is coming up.
Depending on demand, I will run different dates and different areas. Also a follow-up masterclass to go through higher-level skills, so be sure to check back here and register your details to select your preferred dates and areas.
Don’t feel that the workshop is quite right for you? Or do you have just a few specific things you need to learn to do for work? I offer one-on-one tutoring at your workplace or home. We’ll work together to come up with a plan and book the sessions you need to get the skills you want.
Just let me know what you want to learn and we can come up with something that works for you.
I have limited sessions available for tutoring, so make sure you get in touch!